Tuesday, April 15, 2014

playing with my phone...

I am not someone who can play games on my
gadgets, ie. phone, computer, FORGET about xbox, 
I'm happy that I have figured out how to watch the show I want on Netflix.
So no games for me...
but put a design app in front of me and I'm all in!
I enter that blissful space of creating
that gives me a challenge and sense of accomplishment.

(kind of what playing games does for my kids!)

My favorite go-to app is 
Rhonna Designs
it's my "candy crush" if you will.

I have no idea what that game even entails,
except something to do with crushing candy
and unless I'm eating it, well, I just don't see the point!


I use it for the beautifully designed graphics that I can make my own to
share a recently created necklace...


or the newest accomplishment for me.
I have been wanting to learn to make my own soldered bezels
for a while now, and with the help of you tube I finally gave it a try.
I have a long way to go but, as with lots of things, the 
fun is in the process!


Sometimes I use it to put my name on my creations...


lucky me, she has my favorite font and I can 
use the transparency tool to fade it out.


I use it to let our customers know where to find us. 
The collage elements let me feel like I'm playing with paper again.


Of course, saying thank you to those customers is just as important!


Sometimes, I just use it to make helpful reminders pretty...




we got more snow last night so I really hope this one
happens pretty soon!

I have also experimented with a few other apps that I like...


diptic is great for making a collage of your photos,
easy to use with lots of layout choices.


So, these are my 'games' of choice.
I use them for my business, 
so they are actually work, 
but my kind of work...
creative, fun, and relaxing all at the same time.

crushed.

Do you have any apps that you use
that I should know about?  
I'm always looking for a new way to play
I mean work!

Thanks for stopping by!
If you haven't thrown your name in the hat for the give away
that ends on the 22nd, 
check out my last post to go to the link!

love, 
t. xoxo


p.s. I have not been reimbursed to share these great tools
with you, they are just my way of getting you to play 
in the sandbox with me!

2 comments:

  1. Your jewelry and graphics are beautiful. I like Waterlogue, it makes your photos look like watercolors. xokathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last collage that has a frozen Charlotte wearing a crown. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo