Thursday, July 24, 2014

summer is in full swing...


and I'm singing the blues.  Not really, I'm just drawn to the blue hues
of aquamarine, amazonite, and turquoise semi-precious stones.  I love to 
create with them and mix them with vintage treasures.  I've been
restocking my jewelry for upcoming markets and shows, and I always 
seem to reach for these!


Of course the neutrals always have my heart also!


These aquamarine rondelles are some of my favorite, add a little
rhinestone bling and well, perfection!


I've also been making lots of resin pendants to hang
on a simple chain, as they are a favorite in the booth.


This is where we spend our Saturdays.  The Detroit Eastern Market.  
We love coming here, the atmosphere is really amazing with so many
wonderful people from every walk of life mingling with each other, shopping for
produce and specialty products created by Michigan small business owners.  


On a rare occasion Duane and I get away from it all, usually to celebrate us.
This year for our 28th anniversary we made it to one of our favorite places in MI.
Traverse City
he had to be up there for work, and I tagged along!
(the sunset made it look like we were glowing, and well glowing is good)


We only had one day up there, but I will take what I can get :)
I used Rhonna Designs photo app to really capture the gorgeous sunset 
that we watched as we sat on a blanket on the beach on the  Leelanau Peninsula.

The kids and I spend most days at home 
either making product or just hanging out, but we have been
taking a few days here and there for adventures too.
The zoo has been a favorite and as a family we have been 
to a smallish lake close to home for a little R&R for all.

I hope that you are having a lovely summer full
of adventures of your own!

love,
t.xoxo










2 comments:

  1. 28 looks fab on you both! Congrats!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with these pieces, the drop style pendants are just divine.

    As a family we are hoping for a quick get away to the Michigan Shore, taking the time is hard but you have inspired me to make plans!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo