Monday, November 23, 2009

Put your party hat on and join the party!

Joan@ http://www.thepottingshed-anythinggoeshere.blogspot.com/ is hosting a VINTAGE CHRISTMAS MONDAY blog party and I am joining in on the fun! I don't have my decorations out of storage yet but here's a couple of things that I came up with...

I love this old hardcover book that I found at a garage sale, I bought it to use the pages in my art work but have found that I don't have the heart to cut it up, it's just so nostalgic and sweet.

This is one of the coloring pages in it, love the graphics!

This picture of Scrooge in it isn't too scary for children, right?


Check out how sweet this little guy is...



This is what he's attached to, an adorable felt stocking! I swooped in on this at http://www.lambsgateantiques.com/ this past saturday before my class started, they have some really wonderful things right now so if you live close by you should really get over there! This will become part of a Christmas gift for someone this year so mums the word O.K.?
I bet there's a lot of you out there with some pretty amazing stuff for Christmas and I'm sure you have a favorite party hat so let's all join in on the fun together! Just click on her button at the top left of the page and it will take you right to her and all of the fun! ~ Theresa xoxo


10 comments:

  1. Oh I love the book and I would have a hard time cutting it up also. I bet they are really rare!!!
    Love your other vintage goodies too.
    I am so nostalgic about these types of things..they just bring back memories of my grandparents!!!
    Have A Wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Theresa... I too joined in on the fun! I LOVE your vintage Christmas book, and I too would not be able to cut it up, it is perfect just the way it is! The little felt elf on the stocking is adorable! Can't wait to see all of your treasures each Monday! Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that stocking! Can it be for me?! I wish! And that book is so sweet. I can see why you couldn't bear to cut it up. I'm looking forward to seeing what you will show us all next week!
    Happy Vintage Christmas Monday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stocking with the sweet little guy on it. Thanks for being a part of the Vintage Christmas blog party! You are a great addition! See you next Monday. xo Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog!!! Thank you for your prayers for my sis... I am now a follower..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The old Christmas graphics are great ... I swear even Santa Clause looked 'sweeter' back in the day!! Cute little guy on the stocking!

    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed seeing your vintage Christmas items. I love the graphics in the old book you found. Felt must have been the fabric of choice back in the day...I posted tonight about my own vintage Christmas stocking...it's made of felt too.
    Loved your other posts too...I'm going to follow to see what else you have in store.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these little vintage things. Children's book graphics are just something I love, I don't blame you for not wanting to take it apart. And the felt stocking is so sweet, don't you wonder about who it belonged to?
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Christmas Book with all its vintage colors! Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing and come visit when you have a moment! Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great treasures! I love the book!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo