Thursday, March 31, 2011

vintage prize ribbons...

Isn't she a beauty?  I just fell in love with the pose this girl took for the camera, she looks shy, demure and has a graceful whimsy about her.  So ofcourse she must become part of a trophy ribbon...
(sold)

I still have a few of these ribbons left and after I cleaned my workroom this week, (YAY) I came across them and decided to get busy with them again.  I just love adding old seam binding, music paper and other ribbons and bits to them to turn them into something special.  Don't you just love going through all of your stash and bits and pieces to play with?  It's one of my favorite things to do!


(sold)
Here she hangs on a favorite mirror of mine, and would look equally at home on a favorite mirror of yours  ;0


I have 3 wonderful sisters of my own and 3 fabulous sister-in-laws and I know many of you have that same sister/friend relationship that I do with mine and well, this picture of this family of sisters I think says it all...  They look like they have a fun loving time together!
We have our sisters that we hold so dear from our family and we have our sister/girlfriends
that we can always call and play with and shop with and such and then we have our sister/bloggirlfriends...
This one is for all of us sisters of the blogworld... this may sound silly, but as I was making this one I was thinking of all of the blog~sisterhood relationships I have formed here in blogland.  I have met so many wonderful people here and cherish all of the comments, and feedback and comaraderie and inspiration and...
you get the idea right?

I love you guys!!!



awww I know, sometimes I'm such a sap.

I found the definition for sister, which of course included sisterhood and well it just had to be added as a ribbon, I added some glass glitter for the sparkle effect ~ that was a must for me today...


yes, those are my 'advent' candles, I have to rename them because they are NOT getting put away any time soon, I love them in the rustic old toolbox.



See even your dressform would love one of these, just ask her!


So this is what I spent part of my day on today, and I have to tell you I enjoyed every minute of it!

Thank you again for all of you support, and encouragement and inspiration you have bestowed on me!

Theresa xoxo

I'm linking up with Debra over at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
and Gina over at The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday
and Cindy over at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
I hope you'll join the parties! xoxo

12 comments:

  1. I just love the ribbons! The ribbon looks great on the dress form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word, Theresa, you are busy, busy, busy. But in a fun way! When I am busy, it is usually in a bad way ... lots of cleaning and running around and just trying to keep up. Ugh!

    Your flowers are gorgeous! As are these lovely trophy ribbons. Is there anything you can't do? I already know there's nothing you won't try. :)

    Have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend. Tammy PS congrats on being featured. I'm headed that way now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First prize goes to Theresa!

    Have a great weekend girlfriend/sister
    :D

    xxx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Theresa!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous! You have inspired me for today! I have some wonderful sisters and sisters-in-law also. Appreciate your thoughts.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa, I just love everything you do! You put your amazing vintage touch on everything!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so wonderful!
    Congrats on your feature too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well as lovely as I think that girl on your graceful ribbon is...that is one I would NEVER win! I am sooo thankful my mom never named me Grace...& I would never name a kid of MINE that even though I LOVE the name!!! It just would be a cruel joke on the kid :)

    Thanks so much for your sweet messages about yesterday T! I felt so embarrased having to go back & recant :) that is out of character for me to announce things early & then that!!! Embarrassing! Oh well..everyone was sweet about it alothough I think I really confused a lot of people :) But I loved reading your message & you know I love you! So your sweet words meant alot! Take Care & have a beauttiful weekend! I am sure you will crafting up some amazing things & can't wait to have a peek! Oh & the SISTERS ribbons...now those I am qualified for :) I DO love a sister! A real one & a bloggy one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Theresa,

    I love what you do with your prize ribbons....you have just the right magic touch with them. The advent candles are wonderful too, I've wanted to try something similar ever since I saw those the first time.

    Hope you are staying warm inside doing some cozy activities with your family this weekend!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet post...and I couldn't agree more:)
    The ribbons are pretty darn cute, too...and YES, we do all seem to love the same pretty things.
    Have a great week!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so creative! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    xo

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Theresa, this project is gorgeous! I would love to share it on my blog at - cool2craft.com - we are all about vintage inspired projects this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo