Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pincushion for SNS!!!

A little spring pincushion soo easy to make... This sweet little planter became a pincushion with the help of a piece of a vintage apron. Never fear... the apron was beyond repair or wearing! I made and sold this on etsy awhile ago, that being said now you know I feel kinda like I'm cheating here, digging through picture archives because I am trying to squeeze this in while Hannah sets up the dining room for egg coloring : ) I was really trying to get the eggs colored yesterday but for some reason every clock in the house was running on double time and as hard as I tried I could not squeeze everything in!!!
I made an oval shape about 3 xs bigger than the planter opening out of muslin and sewed that into a bag shape leaving a little opening and then filled that with sand. You can use stuffing and it will work too but I read that by using sand it will sharpen your pins and needles when you poke them in it.
I cut the apron material the same size... (3xs bigger than the planter) and wrapped it around the muslin sand ball. Then I squeezed a little glue around the rim of the planter and stuffed it in there. Yup, that's it. too easy peasy. I have a few more cute planters to fill and am on the hunt for more when yard sales begin!


This makes a sweet gift for just about anyone. Well anyone who uses pins and needles once in awhile!
I really got to go, I've heard from the dining room that they are ready and I am taking tooooooo lonnnnng! I'm linking this up to Funky Junk for the SNS party, just click on the side bar to see all of the participants. I'm probably going to go visiting late tomorrow after the festivities.
Thanks for stopping by, Theresa

10 comments:

  1. How cute is this!!! I love it!!! Hope you have a wonderful Easter~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pin cushion is really adorable.
    Happy Easter!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl, I don't even sew, and I'm wanting one of those gorgeous pincushions of yours! You are so talented. :-)

    Have a wonderful Easter weekend!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa it is so pretty.
    What a transformation to a useful object
    Good upcycled idea
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic idea! I have been looking for a pincushion and I have a terrific little planter that I never use because it is too small. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa,
    This is so very sweet.
    Thank you for sharing the how to's.

    Easter Blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea and have seen several others take the same spin using so many different things for pincushions. Such a great idea. And with little sewing involved, I am thinking I could use my trusty glue gun and create something similar. Wishing you much joy! Happy Easter! Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prettiest pincushion I've ever seen!
    I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We share Country Porches and daughters named Hannah,
    Easter traditions and the love of white..
    great minds eh?

    Thank you Theresa for all of your nice comments.

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo