Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mantel makeover for White Wednesday...

Remember that fab find I showed you before well ladeda... It received a makeover while I painted the dining room! Yea!!! It was in three pieces and just kind of holding itself up with nothing stronger than chewing gum. o.k. that was gross and not really the case but ALMOST! I secured it, caulked every crack and then added a couple of embellishments, two were very necessary and then the center one just to add some flair. This is the before, wow now when I look at it I can't believe I fooled myself into thinking it looked o.k. enough to show all you amazing decor divas!


TADA! Wow what a little extra effort and a good paint job won't do to bring something back to life.



Now if you look closely in the mirror you will be able to see what my day will consist of, painting the second coat on all of the trim in the room. I will also be hanging the curtains back up, we've been kind of a side show for all of our neighbors this week. Not bad if it was a slow t.v. week for some! Go on over now to Faded Charm and check out all of the other WW participants there is so much inspiration over there! Theresa xoxo

15 comments:

  1. well that's just about the lovliest mantlescape i've ever seen! thanks for sharing and happy WW!
    ~*~*~*michelle~*~*~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, Theresa! The light walls and white woodwork make all the difference! Your mantle and mirror look fabulous.
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks absolutely dreamy!
    I just love these peeks into your beautiful home, so inspiring! :-)

    XO,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look like it turned out great.. Thank you for your vist. And have a great W. W. Julian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Theresa,
    Your mantle looks wonderful, and what I can see of the molding and walls in the mirror looks great too! I feel for you, painting the house can be a bit tedious, but when it's all done, it's worth it! I can't wait for you to show us pictures!
    Have a great day.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the blue/gray wall too, but always fun to freshen up with a change. Was wondering what that thing on the wall was, with the spiral paper cones. Really pretty.
    And the photo album, be sure and share when you have that project done.
    Hope the show for the neighbors was a comedy, not a tragedy.
    Warm Wednesday Blessings ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely job. Please show us more of your handiwork. By the way, thank you for stopping by today. I am presenting you with the honorary title of Junking Duck. Congratulations and welcome to the club. I may just have to make a button for that. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the mantel. The embellishments are perfect and really dress it up. The room is looking good. Hope you post more pictures soon.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great redo! paint and caulk fix anything!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have GOT to get some white paint. Im paint challenged ~ my husband actually hates anything painted white. I literally have to hide things after I paint them. Can you imagine!! How do we stay married??? One day he's going to come home to a newly painted kitchen. I won't be blogging much after that though:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Theresa,
    THAT IS GORGEOUS!!! It was pretty the old way, but this way is GORGEOUS! What a beautiful house you have, and such a wonderful talent for decorating! I kind of wish I lived in Michigan for all the wonderful houses you have there. So full of character!!! (We do have nice ones here, but every time I am in MI, I just love the front porches, the flags and bunting in summer and all the character...)

    Kate
    And yes, we were jumping up and down and yelling our heart out when we won! I am surprised you didn't hear us yelling from there. Only a bit more to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOHHH, you have a good enough time for the both of us! I'm jealous, I won't go down again until August, and I do miss the beautiful beaches!!!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks really great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo