Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A little excitement for a Tuesday night here at 612!

The kids saw a baby squirrel hanging around the yard, unfortunately the way they found it was that one of Max's little friends accidentally ran over it with his bike. He seems o.k. and has taken a liking to the kids. Hannah and I saw him in the tree and went to check on him and he came down the tree and followed Hannah up the steps to the front door! He thought he was coming inside! It is so stinking cute I just had to share some photos with you! Here is a photo of brothers and sisters = best friends. Max and Elijah and Hannah and Juliet all posing with their new squirrel friend that they have named Nuts.
Hannah wants to keep him, but she has a mom who really doesn't want a wild little critter otherwise known as a small rodent as a pet. Plus he has his own family, right?
I have never seen anything like this, Hannah has tried to put it in a tree out back but he keeps following her around the yard... or that's how the story goes!
I mean how cute is that face??? too cute that's how cute!
On a side note, although Hannah wants to keep him the most, (Max has since gone about his business while Hannah and Juliet are researching what to feed him) she will not touch him with her bare hands! she really is her fraidy-cat mothers daughter! :0
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Hi Theresa
    I can't let my Gracie see this post or I'll be looking for a squirrel as well. How darling they are holding it. I added your lovely blog to my sidebar to share your talents with others, I thought I had you up there already and its easier for me to see a new post that way.
    Have a great week

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang that is cute. My Hannah would have insisted on bringing him/her inside...

    BTW- I just started a ruffle bag yesterday! How funny is that. Great minds thinking alike. Love yours! I had been seeing them everywhere and there was no way I was paying those prices! YIKES...I'll send you a pic when mine is done..I got sidetracked by making bracelets. : D

    xxx

    z

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has a very cute face alright... But it will be a lot cutter in the woods!!!! LOL!!!! I left a comment yesterday about your magic pajamas, but I was signed under my "spanish blog account" and you didn't recognize me...how could you???? Anyway, I wanted to tell you again that I loved everything you showed yesterday!!!!! I'm still thinking about that bag: ever cuter than the rodent pet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a great aunt who had a squirrel for a pet, I was young I don't remember what the deal was, someone sat on it...

    Why are those squirrels so damn cute?! Don't they know I hate them, so destructive! So funny how it's following your daughter around, like she thinks she's her mommy.

    Love the blankets and all the other treasures you found, you must tell us if you find out what that thumb screw thing really is.

    I did not realize people are using the pre-made totes as bases for the ruffle bags. I might actually make one for myself, they do look like fun. Your cuffs are fantastic as well! I started some once upon a time and there they sit. Could be the story of my life.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Theresa, That squirrel is a cute little guy. It is a good thing your children saved him before a cat or dog decided to investagate it. Thank you for your visit today....Julian

    ReplyDelete
  6. How darling! I've never heard of a squirrel being so docile and tame.

    Have a wonderful Thursday!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Theresa- such cute pics, I would afraid he would bite, but then I am sometimes a chicken.... Thanks for stopping by, it does feel so good to be on the computer for more than 30 seconds ~ Glad Your Funk is gone, I had lots of time to lay & reflect, so that was an up side of the down time.... be back soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so amazing, Theresa. What great pictures you got too! Keep us updated on the status of this new friendship!

    Also thank you for your sincere and kind words on my blog today. It sure means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theresa, how cute, I have a friend that fosters squirrels, she gets them from a tree trimming company that cuts down many of the squirrels homes. Let me know if you have any questions, she has been doing it for years. Thanks for stopping by, I love that everyone seems to find Jesus and can't even give him to the Goodwill, that made me laugh! I couldn't either!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness it's so cute. I wouldn't know what to do about it. A case of 'tugging at the heart strings'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo