Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh Santa, I knew it couldn't last...

Can you believe I got this cement swan for $5.00 at a garage sale-and I got there late! My families response was 'ofcourse it was still there' followed by you paid $5.00 for THAT??? oh, but it's just oozing with character! - note to self, tweek the table a little! kinda plain even with the fab swan!
Gotta love the warm glow that the old fasion c7 lights give out.

o.k. this is only day one of this porches Christmas decor and I have 23 more days until Christmas so do you know how many times I can tweek this??






close up of the replacement Santa, I made this last year from a tutorial ( I think from a member on junkmarket, it was a whole year ago and I can't remember where I put my glasses most of the time so if anyone remembers this I would love to give credit where credit is due.) so as I was hanging the roping, and then decided to put up a tree, and then the santa was in the way... and then I think I might have even given a moose a muffin! You get the idea! Have no fear though Santa has a new spot on the barn were the whole neighborhood can still see him. How's your Christmas decorating coming along? Do you do the whole give a moose a muffin thing too? You know one thing leads to another and then a simple project turns into painting 3 rooms, putting up 5 trees, etc. and then hoping everyones fine with cereal for dinner?!!! Gotta go pour the milk! ~ Theresa xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Well, I like the swan and what a great deal too!! I would have bought it too in a heart beat. Love your Christmas decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa, yes, I'm there. I've worn myself out these last few days but I'm about there! yeah! My front porch is always the last thing that gets done. Your's is looking great. Lot's of time for tweaking, I'm thankful for that! OK, I'd never heard the "give the moose a muffin". I guess this is like cookies for Santa?
    big hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the swan!!! And for $5.oo it is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate. One time I was in a working on a project and put my kids to bed realizing that I had never even fed them dinner. It bothered me until I remembered that someone had been standing on the kitchen counter passing down Oreo's to the rest. Figured they took care of it themselves that night!!!

    Adore your front porch!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa,
    Thanks for the sweet comment about my angel. I really appreciated it.
    Now, I love your swan. :) And I am way behind on my decorating, because I haven't even gotten my fall stuff up yet. Gotta get busy.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the swan is perfect and a great price at $5.00! I love the idea of decorating the porch...it looks so cozy!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the swan was a great find! I love distressed items like that. I know I'm always pleased when I get those finds at great prices - you did great!
    Sharon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness....I would have felt like I got the bargain of the century if I'd found your beautiful swan for $5.00. Some people just have such a hard time understanding the "love of old". :)
    Debra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo