Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Little Christmas Home Tour...

Welcome, come right in! Peeking out the dining room window at the tree on the porch.
This nativity was a gift from my parents quite a few years ago and it's what you see directly across the room. I added the angel this year, I painted it for my Mom about 10 years ago.


I cheated on the white tree this year and only put the top in my silver ice bucket instead of putting up the whole tree. I like the simplicity of it and I really like the space in the room! I picked up the little angels that clip on the tree at a garage sale and use them in this tree every year.I don't put them through their lights though because the cord is green... they're gorgeous on their own.


A friend of mine gave a wonderful painting class for this santa and I took it a couple of times, they are so much fun to do, you don't even use a paint brush, just q-tips and cotton rags and you wipe away the paint and do everything kind of in reverse. This is on the wall just before the living room where the tree is.




I put most of my Santas in one grouping in a vintage suitcase this year. ( Stoled the idea from my sister after going to the family Christmas party at her gorgeous home.) I have so many small ones that they have more impact all together.




My fireplace mantel with a grouping of white trees and anything else I could find that matched them! Still on the hunt, watch out Goodwill!!!






Our tree this year covered in warm and glowing colored vintage style bulbs (they got a unanimous vote from all of the kids) I love them too, so nostalgic! Our tree is full of the ornaments that the kids have made over the years, it's like Christmas just unwrapping the paper off of them! These are my two youngest children, I had to go through many pics to get to this one where they weren't messing with eachother! Our 17 year old came home and was employed to finish the hanging of the top ornaments as he towers over both my hubby and I!
Well, that's it for now, I still have a little more to do, the bedrooms, the kitchen, put away boxes, buy presents, look for a stove, ours died this week:( you know I got alllllll the time in the world!!! See you soon! ~ Theresa xoxo











7 comments:

  1. Love your home for Christmas! What a great idea with the Santa's... I have a Santa collection also, just kind of throw them on an old cupboard. I totally wish your friend could teach that Santa painting class in MN! Sigh... I need one of those. Take care, and have a warm and wonderful Christmas. And hope you get a shiny new stove of your dreams... And little elves to help with the Christmas baking!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, everything looks so warm and toasty.

    I love the idea of only using the top of the tree. I have a nine foot tree and every year I am tempted to put up only the top half!

    Kim
    Gerushia's New World

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa,
    I love how everything looks. The Santa painting you did was amazing! I'm stealing the idea of putting Santa's in an old suitcase. I haven't even gotten any of my Santa collection out because I ran out of places to put them. I think the suitcase idea is brilliant!!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Decor!! FAB!!! I love the Santa collection. I have an angel collection that is spaced throughout my home. But come Christmas they are all gathered together on the buffet for all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So fabulous! What a treat for your family! That Santa painting turned out perfect! You can't fool me...that is pure talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the outside porch shot in the dark, so lovely. Everything is beauitful, but I'm such a fan of suitcases. Just love all your Santas displayed there, it looks like a magazine shot. Hope you found a stove and that you're having a great week!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Christmas decorations, especially the santa suitcase display. You home is so warm & inviting - that table cloth looks PERFECT in your place! Have a wonderful holiday, Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo