Monday, December 21, 2009

Vintage Christmas Monday!

Thank you Joan for such a fun party! Here are a few groupings of some of my favorite vintage ornaments with a few 'extras' thrown in... This gigantic framed chalkboard hangs in our dining room and covers the wall! I found the frame at a garage sale and except painting the chalkboard I left it in all of it's chippy glory. Joyeux Noel to you.
I put this flocked tree in an old light fixture and it hangs on the bathroom door.
I looooove old ornies don't you? guess what... I found the faux snow from Pottery Barn (unopened) at the G.W.!!! gotta love it!

ewww this pic got a little blurry, sorry.




The ornaments are nestled on a brown transferware platter, in the center is one of my favorite vases full of greens and topped with a tree topper from Seasons of Cannon Falls. (G.W. again!) behind it you can see our collection of snowmen.



I love the faded blue ones the best and the bells...don't get me started!




My little grouping on an old platter, I don't think I've talked about my OBSESSION with platters have I ? That's definitely a future post, I just feel I must rescue them all I swear! The candle in the middle is just a dollar store plain candle (found by the religious candles) wrapped in script paper and adorned with a paper rosette. and old earring.







This one hangs in our tree, I just love the clear ones and that this one hangs from a piece of old string.





Sorry, another blurry picture but I wanted to show the crown on this one!





Last but not least is this little elf sitting on a pine cone. He's made with pipe cleaners and beads and has the sweetest face. He doesn't actually hang in the tree and is sitting on a branch for the pic. Have a wonderful Monday and go check out all of the other participants in the party by clicking on the VCM button at the top of my blog! ~ Theresa xoxo

















13 comments:

  1. Your ornaments and displays are delightful. I particularly like the pink ornaments...very vibrant colors. Thanks for sharing today.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your ornaments and your displays are very creative. I too love platters and put all kinds of things on top of them.

    Thanks for participating in the Vintage Christmas Mondays blog party!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

    xo Joan, your hostess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your pink ornaments, I LOVE the blue ornaments too, but I REALLY LOVE that chalkboard!! I still want to make one of those, but I just haven't found a frame that I like. I'm going to miss VCM so much, but I'm going to be coming back to visit you often!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Theresa!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful vintage ornaments. Thanks for sharing.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some wonderful vintage ornaments and you do a great job displaying all of them.
    Look forward to hearing about your platter obsession :-)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your vintage ornaments are just beautiful, and I love that chalkboard, so festive with your gorgeous script and the garland!
    Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of that vintage goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Theresa... it has been so much fun visiting with you on Vintage Christmas Mondays... I love your vintage oraments, especially the blue ones, and your little elf is precious! Merry Christmas! Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted you to know that I featured you in my final Vintage Christmas Monday recap! xo Joan, your hostess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Theresa!
    Your blog is lovely! Your vintage ornaments are gorgeous! I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas! Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Theresa, Oh your vintage ornaments are all so very beautiful!! I just love how you have displayed everything...gorgeus!!
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Hugs, Carol Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderfully clever idea, the little flocked tree in the light fixture!

    Wishing you and yours a very blessed and Merry Christmas!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Came over from Joan's blog. So happy I did... your blog is wonderful. I agree the faded blue ornaments are my favorite too. I did a blue tree this year!
    xo,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo