Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's date night!

Yesterday was my hubbys 50th birthday and so tonight I am taking him to see TranSiberian Orchestra! We saw them last year (my Christmas present from him) and had a wonderful time! They put on an AMAZING show, full of the magic of Christmas and good music! I can't wait!
His special day was spent quietly at home with an even quieter walk in the woods. He loves it there and we were blessed with a day full of sunshine and mild (o.k. not freezing) temps. So those who we were able to coax into going with us came along. They promptly told him that it was their present to him! Funny how the cold doesn't feel the same when your sledding as it does when you are 'just walking around'! This monument to Chief Okemos is at the edge of the woods D. said when the snow is gone you can see the different momentos that people have left there. He comes to these woods often as it's where he hunts and sometimes goes with a book to just get away to think. It's such a peaceful place and a nice little get away only a few minutes from home.

Here are the photos that I promised of the items that I have been working on over the last few days... A crocheted ruffled flower pin, perfect for your coat, purse, cape...

And a new upcycled skirt bag. This one was cut out so that you couldn't tell it was a skirt in it's previous life, just a way to recycle good wool.
close up of the ruffle and rhinestone pin. It's lined with the same toile fabric and has a snap closure. Both will be listed on etsy soon...


Have a wonderful Saturday! ~ Theresa xoxo












2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your husband had a wonderful 50th b-day. I will be turning 50 this year too. Right now I'm thinking I want a big party but as the day approaches I think I'll probably change my mind :-)
    Love the projects you finished. I love the crocheted ruffled flower pin.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful, wonderful time. I love your purse, crocheted flower and especially the walk through the cemetary. Looks like an eventful day, which will only get better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo