Thursday, January 7, 2010

O.K. you know that platter obsession I mentioned?

Here's the majority of them. I SWEAR! But if I had more room on the kitchen walls I would hang a few more! I got 2 rolls of this old garden fencing at a garage sale and knew just what I would do with it. I bent the bottom upward and then made loops on the end wires and hung them onto the heavy duty screws on the wall.
So now I can enjoy my favorite platters instead of keeping them in the cupboard. O.k. lets be honest, I couldn't fit them in my cupboards! and we use them all of the time. I love using them outside in the summer, they hold a lot of the things we take to the picnic area. The smaller ones make great soup and sandwich plates...

Does it sound like I'm trying to justify this to you, or just giving you a run down of the things I've said to my hubby about them!
So here they are in all their glory... I especially love the ones with flowers and scalloped edges, but then the plain white ones are special too. :) Oh by the way... the rest of the garden fencing is actually outside protecting my most recent garden in the front yard, I'll have to show you that when it's not covered in snow! ~ Theresa xoxo

14 comments:

  1. I love them! I love the way you put them on your walls. You're too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are the cleaver one using that fencing, I love it! Great idea. Don't guess you any extra laying around that you'd care to sell :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the fence plate holders. Yum, I may have to try this. My first favorite thing of 2010. Thanks for sharing.

    Smiles,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa-

    These are so cool! I love dishes & I think a platter collection is a great way to collect! I wish I could look through them all one by one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The way you displayed them is fantastic! There's always power in numbers and your platters are gorgeous on the wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your platter obsession! They look fantastic the way you have them displayed! Great job. I couldn't think of a sweeter way to display them.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! The idea and the pictures look like they belong in a decorating book! I love this idea so much that I wish I could copy it, but I have a teeny tiny house. I'll just have to come back here and visit yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa I really love this, and you have quite a gorgeous collection. I'd be obsessed too. You have a great idea here for display! and since you use them frequently then by all means, they need to be accessible! Very creative, girl!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a fabulous idea using the fencing to display the platters...it's a great look!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too, too cute, I love platters as well and have them hanging in the dining room, kitchen and living room, but not in such a special way. This is so charming, and I think I've got some fencing laying around somewhere, since it's going to be 19 degrees here in San Antonio tomorrow, I know what project I'll be working on. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful idea. You are so creative

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog and I love it! Great idea about the fencing too. I'm sure I have some in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful idea for the fencing! I'm headed outside right now to grab some we've just got lying around.

    Looks great!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been busy checking out your Blog ~ I just Love Your Plate Rack, must be the Most Clever Idea I have seen..... I have some of that old Garden Fencing in My Trunk which I picked up Last Summer (someone was throwing it out) I just may have to Hang it Up.... Loving Your Blog, Thanks to Silver Sundays ~ The Best Way to Meet Great People
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of the neatest decor repurposes that I've seen. I love this! (and I have fencing I can do this with...can I copy?!?!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo