Friday, April 23, 2010

What I've been up to lately...

Tennis has taken over at the Hein House! Hannah is our first child to play tennis and so I didn't realize that at 6th grade we would be going to 3 matches a week when she signed up! Wow, it's been crazy busy here!
I know her shirt says baseball but their shirts weren't in yet when I took these pics... She is learning alot and teaching me more. I only played a few times with an old roommate years ago so Hannah has been showing me the ropes. Look at that determination! :)

Since we are at the matches for 3 hours or so I have been bringing magazines, the supplies to make more pin cushions, and some other projects to do to fill the time. But alas I miss catching up with everyone on here and so tonight I finally took some time to catch up. Still have so many blogs I would like to catch up on... between tennis and shopping for shoes and such for Cams look for prom tomorrow night I did stop at the sale I told you about. Well, it was kind of a bust except for a couple treasures that I will try and take pics of tomorrow so I can share them with you.


I've also been mulching like a mad woman and trying to clean out the barn ( tomorrow is spring clean up in town and so we can take our junk to the recycling area in town and they sort it and get rid of the rest for us. A good deal for sure and what I really want to do tomorrow is guard the entrance being the JUNK POLICE you know in the interest of all woman kind someone needs to rescue the goods! Last year my family had to pull me out of there as my head spun around 360* to see what everyone had loaded on the back of their pick ups! I'm always amazed at what some people will throw away, Duane - not so much. He said he is throwing things away this time without looking back, well I looked back and pulled the old iron headboard off of our trailer that he thought was junk!!! What was he thinking? Never fear... it is safe and sound in a undisclosed location as we speak! Wish me good junking!
Thanks for stopping by, Theresa xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Cute photos! You've been a busy bee! Happy Junking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO HANNAH!! I kinda of dreamed of being a tennis star, I have the height and used to practice everyday. These pics make me want to start again.
    OOH I would be the same way, I do that just as I am walking out of thrift shops and someone is taking in donations. I'm like, whatcha got???
    That sounds like it would be better than a sale.
    Trucks full of junk, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Hannah! I hope that you are going to post prom pics. We were at the store the other day and my oldest was looking at prom dresses. She's not old enough, but in a couple of years...
    How is it that our kids keep getting older and we just get younger? I can't wait to see what you find! I would have come to keep you company!

    I tagged you to play a game at my blog. Come and play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa, I would be the same way wanting to know what treasures the others were bringing!! My daughter played tennis in high school! It is so fun to go and watch the matches! Most of Kaitlins friends played too! I'd say if Hannah stay at it, you're gonna have alot of magazine and crafting time!!! LOL But worth it!! XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such determination! The Williams sisters better watch out! ;-)

    Have a wonderful evening!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does feel crazy busy all of a sudden doesn't it! Oh you are so good to go for the full 3 hours...I might be a tad late to a match or two :) But she does look good out there! And do you go play with her too? WHo would win? My money is on Hannah...I mean look at her!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo