Friday, March 15, 2013

re-done, re-did, re-purposed...

Re-done, re-did, re-purposed, re-cycled...
It's all relative to me and my love for the cast offs.

Bits from old earrings and necklaces to create a new bauble,
 it's like piecing a puzzle of jewels together.

(white glass beads from a vintage necklace, those dreamy rondelles,
and white glass flowers from a pair of vintage earrings)

Recently for my bday a wonderful friend bestowed me with a fabulous old necklace 
loaded with my favorite... rhinestone rondelles,
all tarnished to perfection!
She knows just the treasures I love to create with, because she loves them too,
and has used them in her creations in the past.

I love to add one or two ( and sometimes 3) to every creation. 
They just add the perfect amount of sparkle!
Thank you Judy! xoxo

(vintage pearl rice beads and crackled glass yellow beads from old necklaces)
these escaped the rondelles somehow, and got glimmery silver beads instead.

(more of those glass white beads and rhinestone rondelles make up this set)

So today was spent making new pieces to add to the stash going to the show 

as well as getting the sachets ready.
Tomorrow looks like more of the same.
Lucky me!!!

A good days work is doing something 
you don't consider work at all...

If you have been a regular visitor here, than you know that 
anything old is my go-to supply.
The thrown away, the forgotten beaded necklace, 
the vintage and tarnished trinket, they speak to me.
Not that I don't appreciate beautiful new beads,
but when I create a piece with old jewels
I think they give the finished product a soulfulness
that I have come to love.
I hope you do too.

Thanks for stopping by!
love,
t.xoxo

linking up to:

p.s.  if you see something that you would like, just send me an email
and I can set up a listing for you before I go to the show! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! They are all so gorgeous! I love how you have recreated the old jewelry into something new. Have a great weekend.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making jewelry as well and I really enjoyed seeing your recent pieces. Nice display, come visit if you can!! Blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must honor history, after all we EXIST because of it <3and yes I believe we imbed memories into objects or they absorb from us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Theresa, thankyou for your sweet comment , I love your beautiful long earrings,with
    white glass beads ,so beautiful, --
    I wish you a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish I lived near you Theresa! You have so much talent and to take some classes on jewelry making is a dream of mine. Your pieces are so beautiful! Have a wonderful time at the show!!!
    many hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me here at The Old White House, your comments make my day! ~ Theresa xoxo